Wednesday, February 15, 2006

She wants to know how to fly

Here's my favorite song to pound the pedals to:
"Mary Pretends" by Fuel. I know every chord of screaming guitar and drum kick on this metal-influenced alternative-rock album from hours of suffering in the saddle. But I like this tune best. I cranked it up tonight to get some of my heavy training in tonight. Here are the lyrics:

Fuel - Mary Pretends Lyrics
Mary pretends she's so insane, so insane, so insane
Mary pretends she's so insane, so insane, so insane
She just sits back and laughs at the pain
Laughs at the pain, laughs at the pain
Mary pretends she's so insane, so insane, so insane
Falling down of her mind
Gives her everything she's wanted from the world
Close her eyes, drift inside, so alive
She wants to know what it feels like
She wants to know how to fly
She wants to know what it feels like to die
Goodbye
Okay, so they're not exactly cerebral lyrics, but they just smack of self-induced suffering... (ok, yeah, um, drug addicion, too). Gotta put this tune on your iPod! :)

So after bike commuting in the awesome weather today, I put in another hard hour on the trainer tonight. Then I cooked an awesome dinner. I am experimenting with creating a spinach/chickpea/tofu curry dish, something vegetarian packed with vitamins and protein and lots of deep spice. I've gotta keep working on it . When I'm happy with it, I'll share the recipe.

Damn! Can't get the song out of my head!!
"laugh at the pain, laugh at the pain..." Ahh. My Training anthem.

No comments: